If the packaging with the warranty conditions has been lost, you can either consult the warranty conditions on the Balterio® website (www.balterio.com), or obtain them directly from the Balterio® department of Spanolux nv (Wakkensteenweg 37B, 8710 Sint-Baafs-Vijve, Belgium) (hereinafter referred to as “Balterio®”), or from the distributor and/or the installer of your Balterio® laminate floor.
Material and production defects?
Duration of warranty for material and production defects?
The Balterio® warranty applies to the following Balterio® brand products for residential and, depending on the floor type, commercial use. The duration of this warranty is dependent on the laminate type concerned and on the purposes it is used for, as indicated in the table below:
|Collection||Warranty for residential applications||Warranty for commercial applications|
|Grandeur, Infinity, Magnitude, Tradition Sapphire, Tradition Sculpture, Tradition Elegant, Tradition Quattro, Quattro Vintage, Xperience plus, Stretto, Impressio, Authentic Style plus, Pure Stone.||25 years||12 years|
|Dolce, Senator||20 years||10 years|
|Traffic||33 years||15 years|
The term “residential applications” shall be understood as: the use of the laminate as a floor covering in a private residence that is used for private purposes only. The term “commercial applications” shall be understood as: the use of the laminate as a floor covering in non-residential premises, including but not limited to hotels, offices, shops and stores.
In addition, Balterio® provides a lifetime warranty (limited to a period of 33 years) of the preservation and integrity of the click connections ClickXpress®, DropXpress® and PressXpress®. This lifetime warranty of the integrity of the Balterio® click connections applies only to permanent joints with a width larger than 0.2 mm and on the condition that the Balterio® brand laminate floor is placed according to the Balterio® laying instructions and in combination with the approved Balterio® subfloors (as specified on www.balterio.com.).
The warranty period commences on the date of the purchase.
For the warranty to apply, the Balterio® laminated floors must be placed indoors in rooms suitable for laminate flooring. Spaces suitable for Balterio® laminated floors are specified on the packaging and on the Balterio® website (www.balterio.com). The laying of Balterio® laminated floors covered by the warranty in spaces other than mentioned on the packaging is possible only after prior explicit permission in writing from Balterio®.
The laminate floors are not suitable for: damp and/or humid spaces, including but not restricted to bathrooms and sauna rooms.
Rooms with an immediate access to the street need a transition between the street and the room where the laminate is installed.
- Wear resistance: Balterio® guarantees that with normal use the laminate surface will stay wear-resistant, including delamination or reduced resistance of the wearing surface. However, in the event of products with V-groove, the reduced resistance of the V-groove is not included in the warranty. In addition, a change to the gloss level does not apply as wear of the laminate surface. Laminate is fade resistant, not 100% fade proof. It is generally accepted that all gloss finishes (i.e. paint, glass, furniture or car surfaces,…) are susceptible to superficial fading/gloss variation. This is not considered as a product fault.
- Stain resistance: Balterio® laminated floor surfaces are resistant to stains such as from red wine, ketchup, etc.
Invoking the warranty – authorization of warranty claims?
They will check your claim to Balterio and pass it on. The warranty can only be invoked by the first user or the original purchaser of the Balterio® laminate, and cannot be transferred. The first user or the original purchaser is the one indicated on the original invoice.
For the warranty to be able to be invoked, the damage to the product must be obvious and the damaged surface area must be at least 1 cm² per product unit (panel, accessory, etc.). Such damage must not be the result of misuse or accidents, including but not restricted to mechanical damage such as heavy impact damage, scratches or grooves (for example by dragging furniture) or notches.
If the warranty can be invoked with a valid claim, Balterio® will replace the laminate floor with floor panels from the Balterio® collections that are in stock at the time when the claim is received.
Balterio® provides no other warranty whatsoever, neither explicit nor tacit, than the one specified in the current warranty conditions. Unless the legislation of the country of purchase does not permit this, and with the exception of the statutory provisions concerning product liability, Balterio® cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damages and costs resulting from deficient products. In any case, Balterio® cannot be held liable for the costs of the removal and laying of the laminate products, and/or travelling expenses or transaction costs.
What is not covered by this warranty?
- inadequate placement, i.e. placement not according to the Balterio laying instructions (as specified on www.balterio.com) and/or without making use of the approved Balterio® accessories such as the Balterio subfloors (ComfortSound Base, ComfortSound Plus and ComfortSound Pro), skirting and profiles in the Balterio® designs/colours (True Matching® colours). A receipt must be presented as proof that the Balterio® accessories were used with the installation of the laminate floor. The Balterio® accessories can easily be recognised by the Balterio® logo on the package. They are also shown in the latest version of the Balterio® catalogue or on the Balterio® website (www.balterio.com). The Balterio® skirting and profiles have “Balterio True Matching Made in E.C.” printed on the rear. The Balterio® subfloors have the Balterio® logo imprint and have the 1 cm² squares printed on them.
- Non-compliance with the instructions for cleaning and maintenance as described on the Balterio® website.
- Accidents or inappropriate and inadequate usage.
- Abnormal wear such as may be caused by spiked shoes, inadequate protection from furniture, grit, sand and other hard materials. Damage caused by sand, dirt or any other abrasive material must be prevented by placing a suitable floor mat at all entrance doors. To determine whether the wear is abnormal, relevant ambient factors, the duration and the intensity of use of the product are taken into account.
- Water damage caused by ice makers, refrigerators, washbasins, dishwashers, piping or ducts, natural disasters, excessive moisture in concrete slabs, hydrostatic pressure, etc. If water and/or moisture is present on the floor and/or near the skirting, this must be removed immediately.
- Incorrect removal or replacement of panels.
- Damage caused by vacuum cleaner frames or by the hard or metal wheels of office chairs or other furniture. With laminate floors, furniture legs should always be fitted with suitable protective material. Chairs, easy chairs/settees or furniture on wheels must be fitted with soft wheels or must be placed on specially adapted protective carpet or plates.
- Damage caused by corrosive or abrasive substances such as pet urine.
Notice to the customer:
For warranty-related questions we advise you to contact the Balterio® laminate distributor where you purchased your laminate floor. If your Balterio® laminate distributor cannot provide satisfactory answers to your questions or if you require additional information, please contact: Spanolux NV division Balterio – Consumer Care Service – Wakkensteenweg 37B – 8710 Sint-Baafs-Vijve – Belgium. The Balterio® warranty conditions are without prejudice to the legally applicable warranties on Balterio® products. (email@example.com)
Balterio® reserves the right to inspect the complaint and claim concerning its product on site, installed or otherwise, and must be given the opportunity to do so. Without prior approval of Spanolux NV division Balterio – Consumer Care Service no repairs or replacements may be made to a Balterio® brand laminate floor for which a warranty claim has been made.